What to see?

Map

Open map
Rudawy Janowickie Mountains
tourism, mystery, dreams...

Wojanów palace

Wojanów was established at the latest in the second half of the 13th century.
In 1281 it was the property of the Zedlitz von Schildow family, who moved into Lower Silesia and held administrative functions at the courts of the Świdnica-Jawor and Legnica-Brzeg dukes.

Read more...

Łomnica Palace

Łomnica was mentioned as a knights’ village way back in 1305, while accounts from 1366 speak of the existence of landed property. In 1281 a nearby property in Wojanów was taken possession of by Hans Zedlitz von Schildow, whose family had moved into Lower Silesia and held administrative functions at the courts of the Świdnica-Jawor and Legnica-Brzeg dukes.

Read more...

Karpniki Palace

There’s a village stretching along the foot of the Sokole hills which dates back to the 13th century. A neo-Gothic palace located in the lower part of the village is also often referred to as the castle.
Traditional accounts link either Duke Bolesław IV the Curly or Henry I the Bearded to the castle’s construction around the mid 12th century.

Read more...

Wojanów-Bobrów palace

According to guides and unconfirmed information, there was a castle in Bobrów around the year 1450 – the “Boberstein” watchtower. It’s job was to guard the crossing of the Bóbr river. Other sources inform that it was burnt down by Hussites around the year 1428.

Read more...

Bukowiec palace

Records of Bukowiec go back to 1305, although when exactly the palace was built is unknown.
The knight Heinko von Zedlitz, known as von Meinwalde, is listed as the gentleman settled in Bukowiec in 1379. He was the second of eight sons born to Apitz von Zedlitz of Maciejowa, the gamekeeper for Duke Bolko of Świdnica and steward of Duke Hans of Görlitz. Heinko’s wife was Katharina von Salza.

Read more...

Janowice Wielkie palace

The palace in Janowice Wielkie was constructed in the 16th century, by the knight von Beier, as a manor on the right bank of the Bóbr river. From 1608-1609 it was extended on the order of Count Daniel von Schaffgotsch, owner of Bolczów castle, and was called a hunting castle.

Read more...

Radomierz Palace

Radomierz was probably founded around the year 1300. A document from 1372 recounts how the jaworska duchess, Agnieszka, handed over many feudal belongings of the Sokolec “Falcon Stone” castle, including Radomierz, to the knight Clericus von Boltz.

Read more...

Miedzianka palace

In 1353, Duke Bolko II the Small of Świdnica erected a castle where Miedzianka is to be found today.
Hans Dypold, the owner of Miedzianka, ruled until 1531, during his time transforming Miedzianka into a leading centre for the extraction and processing of copper, lead and silver ores in the Sudetes mountains.

Read more...

Trzcińsko palace

According to German chronicles, around the 15th century the Schaffgotsch family were owners of landed property in territory then belonging to the Duchy of Jawor.

Read more...

Bolczów Castle

The mediaeval stronghold in Janowice Wielkie is an example of an upland castle extended over several phases and making excellent use of the terrain, including the scenic rock formations found in the Rudawy Janowickie mountains. The ruins of this knights’ castle are situated on a granite hill at an altitude of 561 m, rising over the surroundings.

Read more...

Mniszków Manor

The manor is situated in the southern part of the village of Mniszków, just above an escarpment and a few dozen metres to the west of the main country road. The building’s genesis remains unknown, despite its elegance clearly distinguishing it from the surrounding rural buildings.

Read more...

Szwajcarka (Swiss Cottage)

Szwajcarka (Swiss Cottage). This building was also erected thanks to the strivings of Princess Marianna in 1824, and constituted an element of the park layout. In the days of its splendour the building had little superfluous ornamentation, and it was really the wainscoting on the walls that gave the Swiss House its charm.

Read more...

Widows’ House

"Widows’ House", also known as the “Little Palace”, was built as a separate residence from 1803-1804 by the son of Christian Gottfried Mentzel (I) – Christian Gottfried Mentzel (II), owner of the neighbouring large Łomnica palace.

Read more...

Sokolec “Falcon Stone” castle


The castle ruins are situated on the north-western slopes of Krzyżna Mountain, at approximately 630 m above sea level.
The castle’s history is uncertain.

Read more...

Starościńskie Skały [Starost’s Wife’s Rocks]

Long, long ago, when kings ruled the Earth and princesses’ dreams came true, the owners of the nearby Karpniki Palace at the foot of the Rudawy Janowickie mountains became gripped by the day’s fashion for creating gardens reflecting the spirit of romanticism.

Read more...

Sokolik [Falcon Stone] – rock formation

Big Falcon Stone (at an altitude of 620 m), with a viewing platform approximately 30 m above the land, and Little Falcon Stone (altitude of 610-615 m).

Read more...

Viewing tower in Radomierz

A lonely tower, a fragment of forgotten history encircled by walls, catches the eyes of tourists travelling through Radomierz. The first records of a Catholic church here date back to 1312.

Read more...

Gniewczyce and the Wołek viewpoint

A deserted settlement in the forests of the Rudawy Janowickie mountains is worth a visit on your way to the Wołek viewpoint (878 m above sea level).
Never a village in its own right, the settlement grew up above the buildings of Mniszków.

Read more...

Mała Ostra rock – the most beautiful viewpoint in the Sudetes mountains

Mała Ostra – or “Small Sharp” – is the highest summit rock in the Rudawy Janowickie mountains, at an altitude of 935 m, and also constitutes one of the most beautiful viewpoints in the Sudetes mountains.

Read more...

Piec [Furnace]

The Furnace is an imposing rock characterised by a high degree of natural radioactivity. A viewpoint on its summit, reached via steps carved into the rock and provided with a protective railing, looks over the Janówka Valley.

Read more...

SiteLock